Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles #2) by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Pages: 503
Published: October 28th 2010
Publisher: Puffen
Genre: YA Fantasy, Paranormal

Description:
Ethan Wate used to think of Gatlin, the small Southern town he had always called home, as a place where nothing ever changed. Then he met mysterious newcomer Lena Duchannes, who revealed a secret world that had been hidden in plain sight all along. A Gatlin that harbored ancient secrets beneath its moss-covered oaks and cracked sidewalks. A Gatlin where a curse has marked Lena's family of powerful supernaturals for generations. A Gatlin where impossible, magical, life-altering events happen.

Sometimes life-ending.

Together they can face anything Gatlin throws at them, but after suffering a tragic loss, Lena starts to pull away, keeping secrets that test their relationship. And now that Ethan's eyes have been opened to the darker side of Gatlin, there's no going back. Haunted by strange visions only he can see, Ethan is pulled deeper into his town's tangled history and finds himself caught up in the dangerous network of underground passageways endlessly crisscrossing the South, where nothing is as it seems.


Review:
I had been waiting on this book all year since I first finished Beautiful Creatures, having been sucked into the world of the Casters I couldn't wait. Beautiful Darkness is a worthy sequel and takes the readers on a deeper journey through the world of the Casters.

Beautiful Darkness is a bit slow to start about at about 150 pages into the book I couldnt put it down. I was gripped and turning the pages with excitement to find out what was going to happen next. In this installement I felt like is was really Ethans story. We don't really see alot of Lena (which for me is a  good thing I don't really like her) Ethan has grown from the last book and matured alot throughout this installement. We also get introduced to new characters like Liv (Olivia) the "Marian Junior" according to Link. Aswell as new we see the return of some of our favourite characters from Beautiful Creatures like for me Ridley I just love her lol.

The Caster Chronicles really is refreshing, not a vampire or werewolf or angel in sight. There isn't enough books out there like these books. They are unique and exciting, full of twists and turns you don't see coming. So if you haven't read these yet get right on it you will not be disappointment.

Well done Kami and Margaret from producing another great read and I look forward to the next one.

Rate: 4/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket




Buy Your Copy Now!


1 comment :

  1. Beautiful Darkness is truly a well written sequel. There's nothing I would change about it. I loved it, as I was so emotionally charged while reading it. There's mystery, love, suspense, and more in Beautiful Darkness. Now that my questions I had at the end of Beautiful Creatures are answered, I'm eagerly awaiting the next book for my latest questions to be answered.

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.