The Hollow (The Hollow, #1) by Jessica Verday

Pages: 513
Published: 1st October 2009
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's
Genre: YA Fantasy, Paranormal

Description:
Growing up in the town of Sleepy Hollow, the mystery and intrigue over Washington Irving's classic legend are all part of daily life for sixteen-year-old Abbey. But when her best friend, Kristen, vanishes at the bridge near Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, Abbey's world is suddenly turned upside down. While everyone is all too quick to accept that Kristen is dead, Abbey refuses to believe that she is really gone. And when Abbey meets the gorgeous, but mysterious, Caspian at Kristen's memorial she starts to feel like she has something to hold on to for the first time since Kristen's disappearance. But when Abbey finds a diary hidden in Kristen's bedroom, she begins to question everything she thought she knew about her best friend. How could Kristen have kept silent about so much? And could this secret have led to her disappearance or even her death? Hurt and angry at Kristen's betrayal, Abbey turns to Caspian for support...and uncovers a frightening truth about him that threatens both their emerging love and her sanity...

Review:
When I first heard of this book I was worried about reading it. It seemed to be one of those hit or misses. However, I am sooooooo glad I picked it up. This book really captured my imagination from beginning to end. With Jessica's beautiful writing style that makes you feel like you are there allow side Abbey. I really felt all the things Abbey was feeling. When she cried, I cried. (well I cried from start to finish lol)When she laughed, I laughed. She was easy to connect with and I felt like I have gained a new friend. When Abbey meets Caspian (who btw is cutie in my imagination)she starts to feel again from the lose of her friend. He awakens all new feeling in her. However, he did annoy me just a little as he always seemed to taking "two steps forward then five steps back" as Abbey said. However, in the end I loved them and can't wait to read the rest of their story.

This is Jessica's debut novel and she has did an amazing job here. Not only has she produced a fantastic and emotional novel, she has made me want to go out and read The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

I recommend this to someone who enjoys reading books that are emotionally intense, gripping from start to finish and with some mystery.

(WARNING DONT NOT READ IN PUBLIC CRYING IS A POSSIBILITY)

I feel like no matter how much or little I wrote about this book I can't do it justice it just has to read.

Rate: 5/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket




Jessica's Website: jessicaverday.com

Order Your Copy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.