Last Sacrifice (VA #6) by Richelle Mead

Pages: 584
Published: December 7th 2010
Publisher: Puffin/Razor Bill
Genre: YA Fantasy, Parnormal

Description
Rose Hathaway has always played by her own rules.

She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir’s Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir Princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off-limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardian to come.

Now the law has finally caught up with Rose- for a crime she didn’t even commit. She’s in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She’ll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir.

But the clock on Rose’s life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back… and this time she is truly out of second chances. The big question is, when your life is about saving others, who will save you?

Review:
Let's get the cover out the way first. I don't have a matching set of VA anyway to this changed didn't really annoy me. At first I wasn't sure about the cover due to it being totally different. However, now that I have seen in person and have seen the rest of the matching covers, I love it. Its so nice and I really like the dripping blood on the top right corner.

Onto the story.

Last Sacrifice is the sixth and final installement in the Vampire Academy series. I had really high expectations for this book and honestly it left me very disappointed. I didn't feel like that was a great final book, I felt like it was more of a set up for the spin off series Bloodlines coming Aug 2011. Usually with these books the story has me hooked from the first chapter. However, I found this one very slow and very boring until about half way through then it really did pick up and get really exciting that I couldn't put it down. I had a love/hate relationship with Rose through this book. One minute I understood her and how she a was acting the next I just wanted to slap her for how she was behaving.

Last Sacrifice is mainly all about Rose and Dimitri as they go on yet another crazy adventure trying to find out secrets and reveal them. As well as with the help of her friends back at court trying to clear her name and find the true Killer of the Queen. (So trying no to give away any details lol) As said above once I got to the halfway mark in the book I was hooked and the story really picked up and was jammed pack with twists and turns you don't see coming. The big one I didn't see was the killer. I found out who killed the Queen before reading and I was in shocked and even though I already knew I still gasped with the killer was revealed.  The ending I have to admit I was torn. It really was a great ending, but I was really disappointed as well with some of the decisions made. And it let far to many unanswered questions.

Overall, a really good book for any VA fan. However, not a mind blowing final book.

Rate: 3/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
http://www.richellemead.com/ 

2 comments :

  1. I really enjoyed this book & was happy with the ending & i didn't guess who the killer was i was way off the mark. Even though i own this book & have read it i never noticed the blood dripping in the top corner. I don't have a matching set i think i will buy the others at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, i was way off the mark as well.

    Im hopefully going to get the rest in the new year and will give away my other ones to a friend or charity

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.