Happy Birthday to Me (Birthday Trilogy #1) by Brian Rowe

Format: Kindle
File Size: 268 KB
Published: 7th April 2011
Published: Brian Rowe
Genre: YA Fantasy, Paranormal

Description:
Seventeen-year-old Cameron Martin has a huge problem: he’s aging a whole year of his life with each passing day! High school is hard enough; imagine rapidly aging from seventeen to seventy in a matter of weeks, with no logical explanation, and with prom, graduation, and the state championship basketball game on the horizon. That’s what happens to Cameron, a popular pretty boy who's never had to face a day looking anything but perfect. All Cameron wants to do is go back to normal, but no one, not even the best doctors, can diagnose his condition. When he finds love with a mysterious young woman, however, he realizes his only hope for survival might be with the one person who started his condition in the first place.

Review:
Happy Birthday to Me was one of those books that truely suprised. I was asked to review this novel by the author and after I read the description nothing really did stand out and scream at me "read me" but it still sounded a pleasant read so I decided to review it. And I am really glad I read. I devoured this book in just over a day. I was addicted to it.

This book follows the unique story of Cameron. It starts with him in hospital an old mad at seventeen and its him telling us his story up to that point. Cameron was a popular seventeen year old basketball player. He has everything he wanted. Until one fateful day he wakes up and starts aging. He is growing older by a whole year everyday and no one knows why.

HBTM really was a suprise to me. I never really thought I would enjoy it as much as I did. I never thought Id feel for the characters as much as I did either. Before Cameron started aging I have to admit I didn't like him. However, I don't think you are meant to. He is self centred and an ass. Once he starts aging we see a totally different side of him, he goes on a personal journey to self discovery and you just can't help but like him in the end. He does a complete 180. He goes through so much through this story and it would be hard for anyone not to like him in the end.

The secondary characters are also very important to the story line. Wesley is Cameron's best friend even though they are in different social circles they still make time to spend time together. Wes was the character that had me in tears near the end (cant say much without spoiling it) what he does for Cameron was just beautiful. He really stuck by Cameron even when others didn't. Cameron's family got on my nerves a little. Mainly his dad. Who is a complete jerk throughout the story until near the end. There is one more character, Liesel. I really like her. We don't see alot of her in the story but she plays a big part especially near the end. I hope we see more of her in the next book.

Happy Birthday to Me, was the kinda of story that just flowed without a hitch. There wasn't much suspense as you already knew what was going to happen before it happen. But it was still an addictive read. Im not entirely sure where the author can take this story next. The ending was a fantastic ending that wrapped up the story nicely. However, I look forward to see what happens next in this trilogy.

Thank Brian for providing me with this copy for review. I look forward to the next installment and urge those who like paranormal stories to check this out. Its a nice quick read with a great plot and wonderfully written characters.

Rate: 4/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Visit Brian: [Blog]



Buy Book on Kindle

2 comments :

  1. I just read this one and loved it. I hated Cameron at first but did grow to like him. Charisma I hated. She was so conceited. Liesal was awesome and you have to love someone named Wesley Craven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this one for my Kindle last week and I'm really looking forward to reading it! Thank you for the honest review!

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.