Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry #3) by Simone Elkeles

Format: Hardback
Pages: 308
Published: 16th Aug 2011
Publisher: Walker Books
Genre: YA, Realistic, Contemporary Romance

Description:
Luis Fuentes has always been sheltered from the gang violence that nearly destroyed his brothers’ lives. But that didn’t stop him from taking risks—whether he’s scaling a mountain in the Rockies or dreaming of a future as an astronaut, Luis can’t stop looking for the next thrill.

Nikki Cruz lives her life by three rules—boys lie to get their way, don’t trust a boy who says “I love you,” and never date a boy from the south side of Fairfield. Her parents may be from Mexico, but as a doctor’s daughter, she has more in common with her north-side neighbors than the Latino Blood at her school. Then she meets Luis at Alex’s wedding, and suddenly, she’s tempted to break all her rules.

Getting Nikki to take a chance on a southsider is Luis’s biggest challenge, until he finds himself targeted by Chuy Soto, the new head of the Latino Blood. When Chuy reveals a disturbing secret about Luis’s family, the youngest Fuentes finds himself questioning everything he’s ever believed to be true. Will his feelings for Nikki be enough to stop Luis from entering a dark and violent world and permanently living on the edge?

Review:

CAUTION MAY CONTAIN COMPLETE RAMBLING!

OMG!!!! I have no words that going to do this book any justice. It was freaking awesome!!!! I had been trying to decide if I should buy the hardback or wait until the paperback came out because the first two I have in paperback. However, the Lovely Donna from Book Passion for Life kindly loaned me her copy and I sat on Sunday night and devoured it in one sitting.

Chain Reaction follows the stories of Luis the youngest Fuentes brother and Nikki. Luis is the brightest of all three brother. He knows what he wants for his future. But he loves taking risks in life. Nikki after going through an awful break up believes that all men are complete asses and doesnt trust anyone. When they meet its clear that their an undeniable connection between the two. Luis falls hard for Nikki but Nikki is always pushing him away. And just when Nikki starts to open up to Luis the Latino Bloods come to recruit Luis. Soon Luis is forced in to the dangerous gang world and hidden secrets are revealed.

Simone, Simone, Simone. I have said this I think on every review I have written on her books. She is a genious. What a story teller. I am sucked into this book from page one. I had been so excited for this book and my god it did not disappoint at all. I just loved loved this story.

Luis is one of those characters that is cocky, full of himself, knows he a looker but you can't help buy love him because he is a smart and knows what he wants in life and well he is just loveable! We see him going through a hardtime with the LB and with his brothers. You can't help but want to jump in the book and hug him.

Nikki OMG poor Nikki (trying not give spoilers) That poor girl has some serious issues with guys after the breakup of her boyfriend and honestly I totally get it. At the age of 15 she goes through something that is truely awful. I was in tears. Two years later and she has serious trust issues with guys and when Luis and her meet they chemistry is crazy. She tries her hardest to deny her feelings for Luis and is always pulling away from him. But when she does open up to Luis they are just so super cute!!!!

And of course with this being the final book it wouldnt have been the same if Alex and Carlos weren't in it. All three brother together oh yummy. One what make a girl swoon but all three together just sends you into overload.

The story itself like any of Simone's work is simply wonderful. We see so many issues tackled in this book e.g Gangs. I honestly know nothing about gangs the "gangs" over here are just stupid little boys who think they are thugs but with these books Simone must have did a lot of research involved gangs because I felt you get a feel insight into them and it scary. Even dealing with serious issue I love how Simone has entertwined romance in this book flawlessly. Its has a perfect balance.

There is one hell of twist in the storyline though, that I honestly did not see coming. I was sitting in total shock I couldn't believe. but it think it really adds to the story and everything does tie up perfectly

My only grip and this is nothing to do with the story itself its just me lol. I would have loved to have seen more of Kiara. I loved Carlos and Kiara I thought they were so funny and the banter between then is fantastic in Rules of attraction so would have been nice to see her more in the Chain Reaction.


Chain Reaction of course was bloody fantastic! They story is fast paced and deals with so many serious issues that keeps the readers on their toes you never know what around the corner. I am so sad to see this series end. Perfect chemistry is the book that made me fall in love with realistic/contemporary fiction and I can't believe there isn't any more book about there super yummy brothers. I will miss them so so much. If you haven't read any of these books where have you been? Go now and read them!!!!!

Rate: 5/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Buy the Book: 
Amazon: {UK}{US}

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.