Obsidian (Lux Series #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Format: Kindle ebook
Publisher: 6th Dec 2011
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Genre: YA Fantasy, Paranormal

Description:
Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.


Review:
Obsidian is not your typical alien novel! It is far from that. Katy, the main character, moves to a small town in West Virginia. Things seem boring until she meets Daemon - He is anything but boring. I immediately loved both characters. Katy is a book blogger and was so easy to relate to in that respect. Daemon was arrogant and should have been totally unlikable, but somehow his personality created a chemistry with Katy's that was very believable and real.

Jennifer Armentrout really put a unique spin on aliens with Obsidian. Normally I steer clear of books with aliens; however, I was fascinated with the world she built. The plot was well constructed, the storyline never lagged, and I couldn't wait to see what happened next. Her writing is excellent and I can easily see why she is becoming such a popular author!

Obsidian is definitely a book for fans of YA paranormal and for those who don't normally read about aliens because Jennifer will entrance you with her story and make you believe in a whole new world of possibilities. The next book can't come soon enough!

You can purchase Obsidian here:
Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Book Depository!


Rate: 5/5

★★★★

1 comment :

  1. There aren't many alien books out there and I am always wondering if they can make it work. This is definitely one book where it does. Obsidian is a little like I am Number Four in a couple of ways, but Obsidian is about 500 times better. I loved the whole storyline; aliens from a distant planet trying to make a new life for themselves on a new planet. The action is exciting, the romance scorching. Enthralling and compelling, Obsidian has a powerful and irresistible effect on you. I don't know what more I can say I just hope I've done it justice. Go and buy a copy and lose yourself in the magnificent world Jennifer L. Armentrout has created.

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.