The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

Reviewed by: Destiny
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 236
Published: January 2, 2012
Publisher: Poppy
Source: Poppy for Review
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US I Book Depository

Description:
Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. She's stuck at JFK, late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon to be step-mother that Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's in seat 18C. Hadley's in 18A.

Twists of fate and quirks of timing play out in this thoughtful novel about family connections, second chances and first loves. Set over a 24-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it.




Review:
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight was one of the best books I have read in a long time! Jennifer E. Smith is a charming writer and the story equally so. I found this book to be impossible to put down once I started it.

Main character Hadley is on her way to London to see her father get re-married and misses her flight by a mere four minutes. This simple event leads to one pivotal meeting with Oliver which changes everything for Hadley.

Oliver is British, attending Yale, and on his way home to London, for some unknown (to Hadley) reason...and he decides to be her knight in shining armor and offer to watch her luggage while she steps away. This leads to the two sitting next to each other in the airport while waiting on their flight and somehow wrangling seats next to each other on the long flight across the pond.

The chemistry between Hadley and Oliver is quirky, fun, and their relationship is one you can't help but root for as you see it blossom. Every turn of events in this novel leaves you turning each page wondering what will happen next.

This is a must-read for fans of cute, fun, romantic novels - and especially fans of Stephanie Perkins' books. The Statistical Probability that you will love this book as much as I did is very high! I would love to give this book more than five stars!!

Rate: 5/5

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

5 comments :

  1. I need to read this very very very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you do! Its sooo good! I was in a bit of a slump and it pulled me out from the first page. I wanted to gush about this just like Anna and the French Kiss or Lola and the Boy Next Door. It is just a perfect cute romance!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you do! Its sooo good! I was in a bit of a slump and it pulled me out from the first page. I wanted to gush about this just like Anna and the French Kiss or Lola and the Boy Next Door. It is just a perfect cute romance!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh I'm dying to read this book and you made want it more!!! aaahh :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to read this too! I've heard so many great things about this that now I want to read it even more. AND it involves London and a British guy which is perfection in itself. :)

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.