Book Review: Release Me by J. Kenner

Reviewed by: Siobhán
Format: E-Galley
Pages: 352
Published: 1st Jan 2013
Publisher: Bantam
Source: Publisher for Review
Genre: Adult Fiction, Romance, Erotica
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US I Book Depository UK I Book Depository US

Description:
For fans of Fifty Shades of Grey and Bared to You comes an erotic, emotionally charged romance between a powerful man who’s never heard “no” and a fiery woman who says “yes” on her own terms.

He was the one man I couldn’t avoid. And the one man I couldn’t resist.

Damien Stark could have his way with any woman. He was sexy, confident, and commanding: Anything he wanted, he got. And what he wanted was me. Our attraction was unmistakable, almost beyond control, but as much as I ached to be his, I feared the pressures of his demands. Submitting to Damien meant I had to bare the darkest truth about my past—and risk breaking us apart. But Damien was haunted, too. And as our passion came to obsess us both, his secrets threatened to destroy him—and us—forever.
Review:
When I first seen this on goodreads, I just knew I needed it. Anything that says for fans of Fifty Shades grabs my attentiin because I loved Fifty. Release Me is a good, quick read. But I am not going to lie and say it was amazing because even though it is a good read I felt like I had read it before. It just wasn't very original.

Release Me is about a Nikki. She is such a strong character. I liked it from the start. She has been through so much but she is still standing. She isn't perfect. But that makes her more real and easy to connect with. She meets Damien at an Art event and she is drawn to him start away. It isn't instalove. More of InstaLust. And well... who hasn't felt that?? Damien, I honestly didn't find him that interesting. I barely remember him and I only just finish the book. The only thing I like about him was how he brought Nikki out her shell. And made her comfortable in her own skin.

When I started reading this. I really enjoyed. It was fun and fast paced and we got to learn about Nikki. It didn't jump right into steamy scenes. There is a build up. Getting the readers excited. Teasing them. However, at about half way through the book I couldn't help thinking that the story was going nowhere. And even by the end I still felt the same. Don't get me wrong.I still enjoyed the story. It was a nice quick read. Perfect if you need a nice getaway story.

The romance in this was really nice and sweet. However, I felt like the sex scenes just didn't fit in well. It would have been so much better without them and just have Release Me as a romance/contemporary read. I am not saying the sex scene aren't done well. They are actually very steamy and the author knows how to make them come alive. I just felt they didn't really fit in with how the story was playing out.

Now, I have no idea if this is a standalone. However, it ends on such a way that it is open to a sequel. But the ending is good for a Standalone aswell. Athough, I actually hope the authors writes more. I want to know more about the charactes stories. 

Do I recommend Release Me? Yes, I actually do. If you are needing a quick read that has a believable main character and wonderful romance then give it go. It's far from perfect but still really enjoyable and works great for a filler novel to give your brain a wee rest for heavier reading.

Rate: 3/5
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjuq62OdEs-SMa0biuvXoKp8V-RmLsyDMgxupHUDz3WkNjG_AtkUdXv3xEZKMmDKltY-Yt65BcM_4OWCX077iJBDTWURgH-wOAqAU3bPbsOxW3YZtTT6mbLvg2BeCGJOxYVO8iSC1zSUJ3b/s320/Siosig2.jpg

2 comments :

  1. I have just requested a copy of this on NetGalley, If im not approved i might have to buy it because it does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth the read. :) hope you get approved

      Delete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.