Book Review: The Truth About Letting Go (The Truth #2) by Leigh talbert Moore

Reviewed By: Siobhán
Format: e-arc
Pages: 240
Published: 21st Feb 2012
Publisher: Selt-Published
Source: Author for Review
Genre:  YA Contemporary
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US

Description:
Ashley Lockett has always followed the rules. She's always done the right thing, played it safe, gone to church. And then her ideal life is shattered when her dad dies suddenly.Fueled by anger and grief, she vows to do everything opposite of how she lived before. She rejects safety, rules, faith, and then she meets Jordan. Jordan has big dreams, he's had a crush on Ashley for years, and he's a great kisser. But he's also safe. Enter Colt. He is not safe, and he's more than willing to help Ashley fulfill her vow.


The Truth About Letting Go is a companion novel to The Truth About Faking, you don't have to read Faking before Letting Go as it's about different characters but set in the same place. I read Faking not long ago and even though it was good and I enjoyed it, it wasn't amazing. However, Letting Go was fantastic!! The storyline is a lot darker and serious, it's not all fluffy romance. It is very realistic and emotional. It would have been perfect if it wasn't for the religion.

Now, religion is not a bad thing itself. I am a Christian and I do believe in SOME of it (A lot a totally disagree with) HOWEVER  I don't like it in my books (unless is about fallen angels lol). This is just a personal preference. It isn't done in a preachy way, the author has actually fit it into the story very nicely and it isn't in that much it but for me it was a big turn off when reading the story. And yes, there was some religious aspects in The Truth About Faking it and that did affect my rating even though I didn't mention it in the review I feel like with Letting Go it played a bigger part on my overall feelings of the book.

And that is my only actual negative! So Letting Go is completely different to Faking. I just about loved Letting Go. It was a lot darker with our main character, Ashley having to deal with the grief of losing her father. She doesn't know who she is anymore and what's to rebel against everything she once believed in. When she meets Jordan, she can't help but fall for him. Even though, she refuses to believe in what he does. Jordan is good and sweet and just plain adorable. But when Ashley is around him, they can't control themselves. Ashley thinks she is no good for him, so when new bad boy, Colt takes an interest in her she thinks this is who she should be with. Colt is...well he is a complete arse! Ashley has lost her way which is understandable. I felt for her she is really struggling and completely blinded with grief that she doesn't realise just how wrong Colt is for her and just right Jordan is.

Letting Go has a very emotional and realistic plotline. I cried a lot! I prefer my stories to be a little bit more serious. I do enjoy fluffy reads from time to time like book 1 but I am not a big romantic so having something more serious works for me. The author has created something very special! She takes the readers on quite a few emotional rollcoasters. You are draw into the story straight away and begging for more and left in tears when it is all over.

I highly recommend giving this author a try. Her books will speak to a variety of people. Whether you are looking for a more fun, filled romance like The Truth About Faking, or if you are looking for a more emotional, serious romance read like The Truth About Letting Go. Her books are beautifully written and well thought out. I can't wait to follow this amazing author.

I think I am in love!! This cover is stunning! It really fits with the characters and the story. I like that you can't really see the faces but the image is strong and romantic. And I just love the title! The artist has done a wonderful job with this cover!

4 comments :

  1. I'll definitely add this one to my to-read list. Congratulations to Leigh on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch, Siobhan, for the lovely review~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for letting me review it!

    ReplyDelete

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.