*Book Review* Rival (Fall Away #2) by Penelope Douglas

Reviewed By: Siobhán
Format: eGalley
Pages: 368
Published: 26th Aug 2014
Publisher:  Piatkus
Source: Publisher for Review
Genre:  New Adult
Shelfability: Covet

Description:
Madoc and Fallon. Two estranged teenagers playing games that push the boundaries between love and war . . .

She's back.

For the three years she's been away at boarding school, there was no word from her. Back when we lived in the same house, she used to cut me down during the day and then leave her door open for me at night.

I was stupid then, but now I'm ready to beat her at her own game . . .

I'm back.

Three years and I can tell he still wants me, even if he acts like he's better than me.

But I won't be scared away. Or pushed down. I'll call his bluff and fight back. That's what he wants, right? As long as I keep my guard up, he'll never know how much he affects me .


Holy Hell on Fire!! Madoc, Fallon, Madoc, Fallon! Oh My Sweet Lord! To say I was excited for this book was an understatement! Even though I had only heard of these books when the publisher email me about Rival in July, I devoured Bully and Until You and was super excited for read Rival. And let me tell you it's addictive. And freaking steamy.

Madoc and Fallon are step brother and sister. Complete opposites from each other, Madoc is a charmer and a player. Fallon is a skater and no one really knows her. However, these two teenagers are thrown together  and the chemistry between them is undeniable. But Fallon is sent away and they are both hurting. When Fallon returns unexpectedly, Madoc is mad. He hates her and she hates him but their hate for each other drives them into each others arms. And rediscovering each other they find out the truth about what really happened all those years ago.

Madoc, Oh Madoc, Oh Madoc. *Sighs* I mentioned in my previous reviews that I grew to like him. Well, didn't like him in this one. I freaking loved him. I fell head over heels in love with the cocky, good looking charmer. He has a lot of anger in him but as you read his story you fully understand why he is the way he is. Fallon, I loved her. She is different and spunky. My heart went out to her when I learnt what she had to go through alone. Separately these two characters are a mess inside. But together they are two halves of  a whole. They just work perfectly together. It's hot, steamy and drama galore!!

Rival, is in my opinion the best in the Fall Away Series so far! They story flowed wonderfully, keeping the reader engrossed in these characters life's. There is just something that had me completely captivated. I could not put this book down. Fast paced and exciting and pack with a hell of a lot of drama (I love me some drama :P) The author has really set the bar super duper high for New Adult in my opinion. Rival is most definitely up in my top 5 New adult reads!

If you have read Bully and Until You, you just HAVE to read this title. It will sweep you off your feet and leave to breathless! This could be read as a stand alone but I highly recommend that you read the previous instalments as it gives the readers a better insight into Madoc's head.

Rival by Penelope Douglas (Piatkus) is now available as an eBook
Like Totally Bookalicious??
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.