*Book Review* The Heir by Kiera Cass

Title: The Heir  (The Selection #4)
Format: Kindle ebook
Pages: 400
Published: 7th May 2015
Publisher: HarperCollins
Source: Bought
Genre: YA, Dystopian
Shelfability: Acquire
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US I Book Depository

**About the Book**
 Princess Eadlyn has grown up hearing endless stories about how her mother and father met. Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won the heart of Prince Maxon—and they lived happily ever after. Eadlyn has always found their fairy-tale story romantic, but she has no interest in trying to repeat it. If it were up to her, she'd put off marriage for as long as possible.

But a princess's life is never entirely her own, and Eadlyn can't escape her very own Selection—no matter how fervently she protests.

Eadlyn doesn't expect her story to end in romance. But as the competition begins, one entry may just capture Eadlyn's heart, showing her all the possibilities that lie in front of her . . . and proving that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought.


After having fell head over heals in love with the first three books I was sooooooo excited for the next instalment. My expectations were high!! Very High!! So I was a little disappointed that I didn't love this book. It was fast paced and an easy read. However, I just didn't feel the connection like the previous books.

The Heir is the fourth instalment in The Selection Series. Eadlyn is the daughter of America and Maxon (<--spoiler if you haven't read the previous books!!!!) She was born to be queen but it's not something that she really wants. She is stubborn, annoying and acts like a Brat!! Yeah I said it!! I couldn't stand her! How could America and Maxon have such an daughter?? I was expecting her to be rather awesome because of who her parents were but most of the time I just wanted to slap her!!

Since this is told from Eadlyn's point of view I felt like it didn't have the same dynamic as the previous books. You don't get to see who all the boys are in the Selection and the ones you do get to read about, I didn't find them very exciting apart from a few of them, like Kile and Erik! Especially Kile! Without giving away any spoilers, Kile I have to admit I am rooting for!! He is pretty damn awesome!

I found the story itself to be a very easy read and very fast paced. There is no denying that the author knows how to tell a story and get the readers swept up in it. She is one of my favourite authors and I am looking forward to seeing where she takes this story because she leaves you on one hell of a cliffhanger!!!! And I can only hope that Eadlyn starts to be become more likable!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.