*Book Review* The Kiss by Lucy Courtenay

 
Title: The Kiss
Format: e-Arc
Pages: 336
Published: 2nd July 2015
Publisher: Hachette Children's Group
Source: Netgalley
Genre:  YA Rom-Com
Shelfability: Borrow/Acquire
Buy: Amazon UK I Amazon US I Book Depository

**About The Book**
'Aphrodite kissed a mortal once by the light of this moon, many thousands of years ago. It drove him crazy. The next person that he kissed - boum. The craziness travelled like this from person to person. It travelled through time. Everywhere - boum! Tu comprends?' 'Where did it end up?' I whisper. His lips are on my cheek now. 'It ended with me. And now I am going to pass it to you. You will like that, mermaid?'

Imagine the perfect kiss. A legendary kiss that makes people crazy with love. Imagine a summer's night, on a moonlit beach in the South of France, as French boy Laurent kisses 16-year-old Delilah after the best chat-up line she's ever heard. BOOM! Delilah is pretty sure the Kiss is fiction, despite her head-spinning holiday fling. But with all the sudden crushes, break-ups and melt-downs happening back at home, the Kiss starts looking a little too real for comfort. If only Delilah could keep track of where it's gone ...Who knew one kiss could cause this much trouble?

A hilarious rom-com that will delight Geek Girls everywhere!


Lately I haven't really been reading much. And when I have had time to sit and read it has took be days to finished a book. However, The Kiss I managed to sit and read in one night. It was just an easy and quick read that didn't take a lot of brain power.

The Kiss is hard to explain because I am still not sure how I actually feel about it. I found the storyline quite good and interesting enough to keep me reading. The characters, I have to admit seemed a little bit immature at times and the plot just seemed a little too unrealistic. Everything happened very quickly that it just didn't seem believable to me. And yet I still found myself completely gripped to the book. I could not put it down.

Delilah is 16 years old yet at times she came across a lot younger. I did like the chemistry she has with Jem though. He seems to mature her little bit. She seems to have way too much freedom for a 16 year old. Now I am not saying come teenagers at 16 don't have a lot of freedom. I did have a lot but I just felt like most 16 year olds still have restrictions. She doesn't seem to have any at all. For the first half of the book I didn't really feel a connection with her. She didn't come across as likable. However, she redeems herself in the second half and I found that she had matured a lot as a character.

The Kiss is classed as a rom-com. Yes, there is a good bit of romance in yet but I didn't really find a lot of the comedy side. Maybe that is just me personally though. My humour is bit more darker. 

Overall, I did enjoy the book. It's a good fluff read. When you need a break from more heavier reads, The Kiss is nice and light. The author knows how to keep a reader interested throughout the story without leaving them bored and I am looking forward to trying to the author's work.


No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.