#MovieReview: The Huntsman: Winter's War


Movie: The Huntsman: Winter's War (SWATH #2)
Cert:  12 (UK)
Release: 4th April 2016 (UK)
Genre: Fantasy, Fairy Tale Retelling, Action
My IMDB Rating: ★★★★★★★☆☆☆ 7/10

About The Movie
Betrayed by her evil sister Ravenna (Charlize Theron), heartbroken Freya (Emily Blunt) retreats to a northern kingdom to raise an army of huntsmen as her protectors. Gifted with the ability to freeze her enemies in ice, Freya teaches her young soldiers to never fall in love. When Eric (Chris Hemsworth) and fellow warrior Sara defy this rule, the angry queen does whatever she can to stop them. As war between the siblings escalates, Eric and Sara unite with Freya to end Ravenna's wicked reign. - Amazon UK



Ok I adored Snow White and the Huntsman because it's so dark and twisted. I don't care what anyone says I love Kristen Stewart. And I loved the ending of that film. So when I heard there was going to be a sequel I was so excited because I thought "yes we are going to get some Snow White and the Huntsman action because of that "kiss in the first film" so when I found out that we weren't because Kristen wasn't even going to be in. I wasn't in a rush to watch this.

So after a couple of months of it being released, I thought why not and give it a try. And........... It's not terrible. It's actually really enjoyable and funny. A lot more light hearted than the first film. Chris is the perfect huntsman. (Although that Scottish accent? It's questionable). I get why Kristen wasn't involved in this. But still I think she should have been. And left the Sara character (his wife) out it. Lol. I didn't like her at all. Lol

However, Emily and Charlize are bloody fantastic in their roles. Charlize just embodies that evil queen role and Emily? While her character kind of reminds me of Elisa from Frozen (do not get me started on that film👎) she is just wonderful. Her character is evil but not at the same time. A great character to love and hate. And I can I just talk abut the costumes for these two? OMG. Outstanding!! How come the bad ones always have the best clothes?? I want their costume designer!!

The Huntsman: Winter's War is full of action from start to finish so there is never a dull moment which is alway the goal of a good movies. For me  though, it just wasn't as dark as the first film and I love a dark and gritty fairytale. However, if you have seen the first film then this is a must see.

Have you seen the movie? 
Please leave us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Want a movie reviewed? Then send in your requests HERE
 
Don't forget to "Like" "Comment" and "Share" if you enjoyed this post!

No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.