#BookReview: Indelible: Beneath His Ink by Inger Iversen



Title: Indelible (Teal and Trent #2)
Format: e-Arc
Pages: N/A
Published: Inger Iversen Books
Publisher: 12th Dec 2016
Source: Author for Review
Genre: Adult Romance
Shelfability:  COVET
Buy: Amazon UK / Amazon US 

About The Book
Former Marine, Trent Reed, is in desperate need of a Hail Mary.

With each failed attempt to convince his woman to pack up and move to Kentucky, his past finds some new way to rear its ugly head. But when his pregnant ex plows into his life, all hell breaks loose—unearthing parts of his past he wished would stay buried.

Two weeks of vacation with her man? Hell yeah, that is exactly what Teal Lofton’s libido needs.

And after surviving seven months apart, their reunion doesn’t disappoint. What she didn’t account for was an unfortunate encounter with people from Trent’s past. A racist, a druggie, and a double-barreled shotgun, culminate into a vacation that will alter the course of her life forever.


I swear this author is trying to kill me!!! Sweet Jesus on fire!! When Inger contacted me to review this book I was not going to say no!! I feel in love with Trent and Teal in Inevitable. So I was dying to get my hands on this and oh my god. It did not disappoint at all. In fact I think it was actually better than the previous book and I didn’t think that was even possible!!!!

After months of trying to convince Teal to move, Trent has a plan when she agrees to come on a two week vacation to his home. He wants to prove how much he loves her and how good it will be if she moves in. However, this don't go smoothly when his ex, Shayla turns up on his doorstep, pregnant. Teal wants to be with her man more than anything but can two weeks with her man filled with chaos change her life?

Oh Trent. Oh My. Trent is just delicious!! I love him so much. He is such a complex character that you just want to take apart and you fall in love with him over and over. He has his issues with his past. But he has turned him life around and you can tell that he has grown as a character from the first book. And is turning into a big sweetheart. Teal? Well, Teal is full of sass! She is fiery and stubborn. She is also strong, independent and sexy as hell. Trent and Teal are polar opposites but together they are a perfect fit. They love each fiercely. The passion between them is sizzling.


The author has really step up her game with this story. It's exciting and crazy and the best part? It oozes sex!! A lot of author do use sex just to fill pages but with Trent and Teal the sex is important and it's steamy as f*ck!!!! These two can't seem to kept their clothes on and that's just how I like it!!! Trent should never be allowed to keep his clothes on. And yes I know he is only a character and it's not real but trust me!! Once you have read this book you will agree with me.


The story itself is fast paced. The reader is taken on one hell of a rollercoaster. It's thrilling, exciting and we get to learn more about Trent's past which I am all for you. Learning more about him is great for his character development. The author deals with so many issues that come up in real like and of course the big one is that our two main characters are in a  mixed race couple. Whoop Whoop. Trent's past issues with race are explored more in the previous book (so go read that first) but Trent and Teal still face problems with their relationship and so does society. Which is bloody messed up. It disgusts me that there is still so much racism in the world and I applaud the author for tackling it. I have a beautiful mixed race son and he gets called racist terms all the time. So in a way I can connect a little more to these characters. Even if at time I wanted to punch Trent for some of the things he said in the past. 


If you haven't read this series yet then please go now. You will not be disappointment. They are outstanding, exciting and steamy as hell. I can't recommend these enough. However, I do suggest starting with Incarcerated. It about Trent and Teals best friends Logan and Katie and it’s their story but a must read as this is where we are first introduced to Trent and Teal. 





No comments :

Post a Comment

// This Pinterest Hover Button is brought to you by bloggersentral.com. // Feel free to use and share, but please keep this notice intact.